Hospital Negligence Happens
We Are Ready To Fight For Your Rights When It Does
Did something go wrong in the hospital? Have you or a loved one had an unexpected adverse experience in a hospital? An unanticipated severe complication? A one-day procedure that turned into a month-long stay? Have you gotten a reasonable explanation from your health care provider, or are you being misled or stonewalled? Perhaps you have been the victim of hospital malpractice.
Hospitals are licensed by the state and accredited by The Joint Commission, a not-for-profit organization, and must adhere to certain standards, practices and procedures intended to promote the well-being and safety of patients. When serious injuries occur as a result of unsanitary conditions, lack of communication, failure to observe and monitor a patient, medication administration errors, medical negligence or abuse, hospitals can be held financially accountable.
We Hold Hospitals Responsible When Negligence Occurs
At the New Haven law office of Jacobs & Dow, LLC, our medical malpractice lawyers investigate hospital negligence using private investigators, medical experts in specialized fields, public health experts, public health records, and inquiries and eyewitness testimony.
When egregious or gross negligence is involved, we may involve state authorities in order to ensure evidence is obtained and preserved. We subpoena relevant information while creating timelines cross-checked against depositions, testimony, medical records and hospital information not contained in the patient’s official medical record. Often, hospital administrators will attempt to hide negligence and testimony will contradict what records or other witnesses claim. We will establish what measures were not taken, what standards or regulations were ignored, what standards of care were violated, and demand compensation proportional to our client’s injuries and loss.
If you or a loved one suffers serious injury due to poor medical treatment or negligence on the part of a hospital, or if you have lost a loved one, contact the medical malpractice lawyers at Jacobs & Dow today. Don’t let hospital representatives or doctors persuade you that what happened couldn’t be avoided. Let us evaluate your case and explain the legal options available to you.
Injuries And Deaths Caused By Hospital Negligence
The law office of Jacobs & Dow represents clients in medical malpractice actions against hospitals for injuries caused by hospital negligence, including cases involving:
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Untreated bedsores and ulcers
- Undiagnosed hemorrhage or internal bleeding
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors or overdoses
- Physical abuse or sexual assault
- Burns, falls, mishaps with medical equipment
- Serious or fatal infections
- Surgical errors
- Misdiagnosis, wrong diagnosis or missed diagnosis of disease
- Injuries and infections due to intravenous lines and indwelling catheters
- Nursing errors and nursing malpractice
- Falls caused by failure to assess risk of falling and implement fall prevention procedures
- Errors or omissions in the emergency room
- Failure to monitor or check up on the patient
- Failure to diagnose and treat infection
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Undiagnosed or missed fracture
- Radiology error
- Misreading of X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans and other diagnostic imaging
- Laboratory errors, false positives, false negatives
- Errors in use of medical devices or implants
- Failure to prevent elopement or suicide of mentally ill patients
- Other hospital mistakes
Know Your Rights And Let Us Protect Them
Prompt action is important in these cases in order to preserve critical evidence. It is important to contact an attorney who will take steps to ensure information does not disappear before trial. At Jacobs & Dow, LLC, we work with the court and authorities to ensure evidence is preserved, witnesses are located and hospital records are made available.
We welcome the opportunity to review the facts of your case and determine if your injuries were caused by hospital negligence or if a loved one died due to a fatal hospital mistake. Call (203) 772-3100 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.