New Haven, Connecticut Medical Malpractice Attorneys — Hospital Negligence and Hospital Malpractice
Did something go wrong in the hospital? Have you or a loved one had an unexpected adverse experience in a hospital? An unanticipated severe complication? A "one day" procedure that turned into a month-long stay? Have you gotten a reasonable explanation from your healthcare provider, or are you being misled or stonewalled? Perhaps you have been the victim of hospital malpractice.
Hospitals are licensed by the state and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and must adhere to certain standards, practices and procedures intended to promote the well-being and safety of patients. When serious injuries occur as a result of unsanitary conditions, lack of communication, failure to observe and monitor a patient, medication administration errors, medical negligence, or abuse, hospitals can be held financially accountable.
At the New Haven law office of Jacobs & Dow, our medical malpractice lawyers investigate hospital negligence using private investigators, medical experts in specialized fields, public health experts, public health records and inquiries, and eyewitness testimony. When egregious or gross negligence is involved, we may involve state authorities in order to ensure evidence is obtained and preserved, and is not destroyed. We subpoena relevant information while creating timelines cross-checked against depositions, testimony, medical records, and hospital information not contained in the patient's official medical record. Often, due to the hospital's defendant's attempt to hide negligence, testimony will contradict what records or other witnesses claim. We then establish what measures were not taken, what standards or regulations were ignored, what standards of care were violated, and demand compensation proportional to our client’s injuries and loss.
If you’ve suffered serious injury, or have lost a loved one, due to poor medical treatment or negligence on the part of a hospital, contact the medical malpractice lawyers at Jacobs & Dow today. Don’t let hospital representatives or doctors persuade you that what happened couldn’t be avoided — let us evaluate your case and explain the legal options available to you.
Injuries and Deaths Caused by Hospital Negligence
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Untreated bedsores and ulcers
- Undiagnosed hemorrhage or internal bleeding
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors or overdoses
- Physical abuse or sexual assault
- Burns, falls, mishaps with medical equipment
- Serious or fatal infections
- Surgical errors
- Misdiagnosis, wrong diagnosis or missed diagnosis of disease
- Injuries and infections due to intravenous lines and indwelling catheters
- Nursing errors and nursing malpractice
- Falls caused by failure to assess risk of falling and implement fall prevention procedures
- Errors or omissions in the Emergency Room
- Failure to monitor or check up on the patient
- Failure to diagnose and treat infection
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Undiagnosed or missed fracture
- Radiology error
- Misreading of x-rays, CT scans, MRI scans and other diagnostic imaging
- Laboratory errors, false positives, false negatives
- Errors in use of medical devices or implants
- Failure to prevent elopement or suicide of mentally ill patients
- Other hospital mistakes
Protect Your Rights — Contact Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
In order to protect the chain of evidence, it’s important to contact an attorney who can take steps to ensure important information doesn’t disappear before trial. At Jacobs & Dow, we work with the court and authorities to ensure evidence is preserved, witnesses located, and hospital records made available.
If you believe your injuries were caused by hospital negligence, or a loved one died due to a fatal hospital mistake, contact the hospital negligence attorneys at Jacobs & Dow today to schedule a free consultation regarding your case.